Password (Forgotten it?)

Tuxford Academy

Marnham Road, , Tuxford, Newark, NG22 0JH

is a Lead School in the Network of Excellence

quote I am newly appointed to Tuxford as Head of Computing & ICT. I studied Computer Science at university and have been very keen to bring this in to the classroom. At my previous school where I was KS3 coordinator I began changing the curriculum to include more Computer Science, 3 years ago by introducing programming concepts and training staff at the school to be able to deliver new schemes of work. Further to this I worked with our local primary school to bring them into our school and experience Computing based lessons, training their staff at the same time as teaching the students. I am currently working towards a PG Cert in Computer Education through Sheffield Hallam university. I have introduced GCSE Computing this year at my new school and am aiming to offer AS from next September. I am also supporting a number of 6th form students who are keen to take Computer Science at degree level in the completion of Extended Projects. Tuxford Academy has Training School status and SLT are very supportive of our application to become a Lead School within the Network of Excellence. It is my intention to apply to become a Level 2 Master Teacher following our successful application to become a Lead School. quote

URN: 137319

Nottinghamshire

East Midlands

Academy converter

Secondary

Mixed

Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4, Sixth Form

School Website

DfE Performance Table

Registered Master Teacher: Rebecca Davis

Local CAS Communities:
(Within 25 miles as the crow flies)