CAS Community   >   Resources   >  

no image
Hexagons Quiz in Scratch

Seamus O'Neill from Ready Steady Code has shared these resources with me to pass on to the community

Mike Carter

Created by Mike Carter
last edited May 22 2019 by Mike Carter

BLOCKBUSTERS: Remember the late Bob Holness? (I’ll have a P Bob!) Something Seamus had in mind in CoderDojo was to programme a Scratch version called Hexagons. At long last, he has completed it as an objective to the best of his ability. It coincides with the arrival of Scratch 3. It was facilitated by the Ready-Steady-Code backdrop grids which make it easier to layout and draw with better precision in Scratch. In his school, he used a wallchart version to enliven lessons. He wanted to create a version which could be used on the classroom whiteboard. He also wanted it to have lots of possibilities to bring in new sets of themed questions. He also wanted to keep the code as short, easy and as logical as possible. I think he has succeeded. Seamus found it easier to programme the HEX Quiz in Scratch 2 and then it uploaded and shared perfectly in Scratch 3.

There are 10 themed quizzes at the special account which has been set up by Seamus for Hex Quizzes at

https://scratch.mit.edu/users/RSC_Hex/projects/

Level: (Beginner / Intermediate/ Advanced)

Duration: (duration, if applicable)

Teaches: (Coding procedures)

Downloaded 172 times.

Download

This resource has attached files: to access these files, please tick the box below to assent to the license terms
License: The resources on CAS website are under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 licence unless otherwise specified by the resource creators.

You must confirm that you have read and agree the licence's ToS before you can download the attachments of this resource.

I have read the licence agreement of this resource and agree to abide by its terms and conditions.

Feedback and Comments

Available when logged in (join via the front page, for free):
  • View 1 comments on this resource.
  • View resource history, links to related resources.
  • Leave feedback for the author(s), or help by editing the resource.
Categories: