CAS Community   >   Resources   >  

Youtube-256
GCSE Computer Science YouTube playlists

Collated YouTube playlists corresponding to the Pearson-Edexcel GCSE Computer Science content

Calum Gordon

Created by Calum Gordon
last edited Feb 28 2018 by Calum Gordon

Most students love YouTube. This is an attempt to harness the power of YouTube to learning GCSE Computer Science. The playlists are organised into the six main topics: 1. Problem Solving 2. Programming 3. Data 4. Computers 5. Communications and the Internet 6. Bigger Picture There is also a playlist for the NEA :(

Within each playlist videos have been ordered according to the sequence of Learning Outcomes, as published in the official specification. I have tried to include at least one video for each outcome. In some cases there are several videos for the same outcome, for the following reasons: - the outcome covers a lot of material - there were several competing videos and I couldn’t decide which was the best one!

Disclaimers: - very few of these videos were originally published with a view to teaching GCSE Computer Science students (although some are specifically for this audience.) The content therefore may not match exactly with what is required by the exam board - it may include more content or less than required - I have not watched every second of every video, only got a flavour of most to check its suitability. I would be very pleased to receive advice as to perceived usefulness/suitability of these videos.
- The playlists should not be seen as being definitive and are subject to regular change, subject to video reviews and new videos etc.

Level: All GCSE students

Duration: Haven’t added it up but quite a few hours!

Teaches: Attempts to cover all course content

Click HERE to access the Playlists. Enjoy!

And please feedback comments and suggestions to me on how you find this resource.

Feedback and Comments

Available when logged in (join via the front page, for free):
  • View 2 comments on this resource.
  • View resource history, links to related resources.
  • Leave feedback for the author(s), or help by editing the resource.
Categories: