CAS London Secondary Courses Spring 2017
Teaching KS3, KS4 and A level courses at King's College London with CAS London
This is a place holder for resources and links to the following events
King’s College London & CAS London
Secondary Computing Courses - Spring 2017
- Teach KS3 Computing Monday Evenings 5pm to 7pm 23rd January to 20th March (8 sessions) £160 Book here Course Description
- Teach GCSE Computer Science Monday Evenings 5pm to 7:30pm
24th April to 3rd July (10 sessions) £200 Register Interest here.
- Teach A level Computer Science: Algorithms and Data Structures
Wednesday Evenings 5pm to 7:30pm 1st March to 29th March (5 sessions)£100 Register interest here.
- Teach A level Computer Science: Object Oriented Programming in Python Wednesday Evenings 5pm to 7:30pm 7th June to 5th July (5 sessions)£100 Register interest here
- Teach A level Computer Science: A2 Projects with Databases and Python Wednesday Evenings 5pm to 7:30pm 1st Nov to 29th Nov (5 sessions) £100 Register interest here.
Computer Science Education: Theory and Practice (30-credit Masters’ module). 17th January to 28th March. Includes 6000 word assignment. Focus on research in computer science education and start working towards a Masters’ degree. £1,150.
KS3 Course outline
Each session will consist of a theory hour and a practical programming hour to develop programming skills and pedagogy.
Week 1 Algorithms - followed by Python: Turtle Graphics
Week 2 Binary numbers – Python: Turtles & Functions
- Week 3 More on binary numbers – Python: If statements
Week 4 Boolean logic – Python: Loops
Week 5 Representing sound and images – Problem solving in Scratch and Python
Week 6 Structure of a computer– Problem-solving in Scratch and Python
Week 7 More about the computer – Problem-solving in Scratch and Python
- Week 8 Python Easy Gui and Consolidation
Sign up using the links above to register interest and secure a place, booking will open soon. Bookings will be based on order that places have been booked via registration of interest.