CAS Community   >   Resources   >  

Title
Primary (year 1-3) small control application

Small application which generates a "Program" as a student controls a truck. Then shows them the same steps will always solve it.

James Fearnley

Created by James Fearnley
last edited Apr 02 2014 by James Fearnley

Simple application I have written for helping teach algorithms and programming at key stage 1 and early key stage 2.

Small truck which can be controlled by using on screen arrows. When the arrows are used the first time through it writes a simple program on the left of the page (Up Down, Back, Forward).

The student should write down the program it made. Then it re-runs again, without writing the program. Student should re-follow the steps the program that the software wrote for them. To see how it will solve the problem each time.

Level: Beginner

Duration: 1-3 hours

Teaches: -from progression pathways student friendly version-

I can show care and precision to avoid errors

I can run, check and change programs

I know that computers need precise instructions.

Software Provided under the GPL - Application produced in MultiMedia Fusion

Downloaded 2946 times.

Download

This resource has attached files: to access these files, please tick the box below to assent to the license terms
License: The resources on CAS website are under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 licence unless otherwise specified by the resource creators.

You must confirm that you have read and agree the licence's ToS before you can download the attachments of this resource.

I have read the licence agreement of this resource and agree to abide by its terms and conditions.

Feedback and Comments

Available when logged in (join via the front page, for free):
  • View 7 comments on this resource.
  • View resource history, links to related resources.
  • Leave feedback for the author(s), or help by editing the resource.
Categories: