Day 1 Stating out
Session 1 – Recap of GCSE Coding skills
- How to set out effective pseudocode.
- Use of string slicing and Boolean operators for validation
- Functions / subroutines and parameter passing
Session 2 – Moving into A level - Nested lists,
- List slicing, sorting, passing to functions
Session 3 – Flat file database structures
- Reading and writing CSV files, records and fields, interacting with spreadsheets and using SQL
Session 4 – How to write to relational databases
- SQL with Sqlite, queries: selection, update, insert, and delete, primary and foreign keys and setting up relationships
Session 1 – Object Orientated Programming
- Class definition, object instantiation, inheritance, polymorphism
Session 2 – Developing your user interface –
- Introduction to GUI - how to add forms, screens, buttons, radio and check buttons, text boxes, labels, combo boxes and list boxes.
Session 3 – Approaches to the coursework and questions in common with exam boards