On behalf of Computing At School

CAS Northern Ireland Community Meeting

Hosted by

I.Bell@stran.ac.uk

At

Stranmillis University College

Monday Jun 24, 2019 from 9:00AM to 3:00PM

Full hospitality and Goodie Bag

Workshops contributed by Microsoft, Digital SchoolHouse, Queens University Belfast, CCEA, PSNI E-safety staff,

Physical computing with the Raspberry Pi Academy and our fantastic teachers showcasing what they do in their classroom

Workshop titles include

PRIMM - An approach designed to help teachers structure their programming in Scratch and Python.

Microsoft Makecode for primary and post-primary with Stephen Howell

Scratch 3: Propriétés d’un carré - Exploring Scratch 3 to build a cross curricular project on language and space.

“Cardboard Maps on Mars” Using the open access tool, ProgBoard, a paper-based tool which can be used to introduce core programming concepts to varying levels.

From Big Trak to Anki Vector - Using Robotics as a Gateway to Logic and Computation.

Using Trinket and Turtle as a stepping stone to Python

“VIRTUAL REALity” is an Esafety product designed by the PSNI and adopted by the Safeguarding Board for NI. Separate workshops for primary and secondary teachers.

This isn’t Virtual Insanity, Its Virtual Reality - Interactive workshop on VR experiences for use within the classroom.

Digital Storytelling with Scratch

Digital School House - Teaching computing through play and active learning. Both workshops are suitable for primary and secondary teachers.

For further information: Irene Bell i.bell@stran.ac.uk

Electronic Privacy
Computing At School (CAS) communicates with its interested parties by email. I understand that CAS will not pass on my email address to other organisations.

Data Protection Act 1998
CAS as part of the BCS Group will hold your personal data on its computer database and process it in accordance with the Act. This information may be accessed, viewed and used by CAS for administrative purposes and conducting market research. All of these purposes have been notified to the Commissioner. If you are based outside the European Economic Area (the 'EEA'), information about you may be transferred outside the EEA in accordance with the requirements of the Act.

Full legal and privacy notices: http://www.bcs.org/category/5655