Address: Farmer Road,
Leyton,
London,
E105DN
Cas_hub_logo_32
Viewed by 18 users
CAS Waltham Forest Hub Meeting (Waltham Forest Hub ) Monday Dec 10, 2018 from 4:00PM to 5:30PM
Organised by: Paul PowellPaul Powell Hosted by: George Mitchell School
Waltham Forest
Tickets: This is a FREE event booking is closed: Status: ended , Tickets sold: 16 

On behalf of Computing At School

CAS Waltham Forest Hub Meeting

Hosted by

paul.powell@georgemitchellschool.co.uk

At

George Mitchell School

Monday Dec 10, 2018 from 4:00PM to 5:30PM

Light refreshments available

Approaches to Coding the NEA tasks

In this hub meeting we will be looking at ways to approach solving the NEA. This will include a variety of approaches that should not only help get people to understand a single solution, but some appreciation of how different solutions might compare.

We currently plan to discuss all three OCR tasks and can also discuss the AQA and EDEXCEL tasks by prior arrangement.

Please do also bring along your solutions for feedback if you would like.

The main language used for discussion is Python, although please do let me know if you would like to use another language and I'll see what I can do.

If we have time, I'd like to run an open Q+A on programming. Questions submitted in advance would be helpful.

PROGRAMME

Time Topic
15:45 Arrival, refreshments and networking
16:10 Overview of NEA Tasks
16:20 Sharing possible approaches to the solution (groups based on task)
17:00 Code Q & A
17:20 Feedback Survey and Close

For further information: Paul Powell (paul.powell@georgemitchellschool.co.uk)

Electronic Privacy
Computing At School (CAS) communicates with its interested parties by email. I understand that CAS will not pass on my email address to other organisations.

Data Protection Act 1998
CAS as part of the BCS Group will hold your personal data on its computer database and process it in accordance with the Act. This information may be accessed, viewed and used by CAS for administrative purposes and conducting market research. All of these purposes have been notified to the Commissioner. If you are based outside the European Economic Area (the 'EEA'), information about you may be transferred outside the EEA in accordance with the requirements of the Act.

Full legal and privacy notices: http://www.bcs.org/category/5655