From the protocols that make networks tick, through to the security measures that keep them safe, teachers will be provided with lots of classroom ideas. Throughout the day participants will piece together the theoretical and technical aspects of computer networks and the applications that run across them. Wired and wireless networks, encryption and a host of security considerations will be covered, aligned to the most recent awarding body specifications.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course
You will be able to:
- be able to teach how the suite of protocols enables networked computing
- develop an in-depth understanding of the TCP/IP stack
- take away a range of approaches to teaching network fundamentals and the client-server model of application design
- teach wireless networking and security in engaging ways
- gain knowledge of modern internet security measures, a growing topic in examinations