Address: School of Computer Science,
Edgbaston,
Birmingham,
B15 2TT
Cas-32
Viewed by 59 users
2018 National CAS Conference for Teachers of Computing Friday Jun 15, 2018 6:00PM until Saturday Jun 16, 2018 5:00PM
Hosted by: University of Birmingham
Computing At School
Tickets: This is a FREE event book here: Status: live , Tickets sold: 142 

2018 National CAS Conference

"Such a great buzz!!! So many practical ideas :-)"

In 2018 we will be celebrating the 10th annual CAS Conference!  It is incredible to reflect on the way members of the CAS community have supported each other during the period of curriculum change.  This year we will be celebrating all things CAS with the usual range of inspiring plenaries, classroom based workshops and breakouts, the opportunity to meet with like-minded colleagues and return refreshed with new ideas and activities for the classroom.

The National CAS Conference is suitable for primary and secondary teachers alike and we promise there will be something for you whatever your background.  It's a great way to experience all that the CAS Community has to offer.

The DATES

June 15th (Reception)  6:00PM

June 16th (Conference) 9:00AM - 5:00PM

University of Birmingham

"An essential conference to attend as a computing teacher - the most useful professional development activity I do all year!"

The VENUE

Directions to the Computer Science Building, University of Birmingham

The EVENT

Friday 15th June 6pm - 10.30pm: Reception

For those travelling up the night before we will be hosting a reception (buffet food and refreshments) and a special activity which we will be announcing shortly.

Price:  £15.00 (including reception buffet)

Please note a separate ticket will need to be purchased to attend the opening reception and activity again this year.

"Came away with a series of things I can try immediately and came away inspired."

Saturday 16th June 9am-5pm Conference Day

The conference will have its usual mix of plenary sessions, over 40 different workshops, the opportunity to network and take home practical examples of lessons and other resources that you can use in your classroom. There are sessions for both primary and secondary teachers of computing.

"Inspiring keynotes and an excellent variety of workshops. There were at least three I wanted to go to in each session."

Price:  £50.00 + booking fee  (NB.  Only payment by credit card can be accepted.)

Guest SPEAKERS

TBC

The PROGRAMME

See here for the DRAFT programme

The WORKSHOP SPEAKERS

There will be over 40 presentations and workshops given by experienced classroom teachers who put in "the hard yards" every day in their classrooms and members of the CAS Community, CAS Master Teachers, CAS Hub Leaders and those from the CAS Regional Centres.

"All the best of Computing education talent in one place."

Local ARRANGEMENTS

For all travel and accommodation details please follow this link:  Local information, i.e. hotels, travel etc. 

Any QUESTIONS?

For further information email: casconf18@computingatschool.org.uk