Lion Terrace,
Portsmouth,
PO1 3HE
Cas_hub_logo_32
Viewed by 3 users
CAS Portsmouth Hub meeting Wednesday May 13, 2015 from 4:00PM to 6:00PM
Organised by: Simon MarsdenSimon Marsden Hosted by: Buckingham Building
Tickets: This is a FREE event book here:
Please note that this event is not one organised by Computing at School.
Should you wish to register for this event, you will be taken to a booking link on an external website.
Computing at School is not accountable for any aspect of the content or management of this event.

CAS  Portsmouth Hub meeting

hosted by

David Hill, Simon Marsden and Robert Topp

University of Portsmouth 

Wednesday, 13th May 2015 from 16:00 to 18:00 

This meeting is a relaxed affair, so there may be some slight variation and ad-hoc networking opportunities. 

Room BK0.20 (Goldfish Bowl) for a coffee moving on to the lab / lecture theatre as appropriate

Buckingham Building - General information and directions  

Everyone welcome! Lots of useful information for Primary and Secondary teachers for the new Computing curriculum. 

We are awaiting confirmation on some talks.  I will update here as soon as I know.  Please let me know if you would like to share something.   We are hoping to share the following:

Using the Autodesk Ignite Software to teach physical computing without the wires!

Using the Arduino in the classroom - with the wires.

The BBC Bug Micro Bit simulation software - getting ready  for September.

Trajectory tracking software - a clever piece of sofware that lets you track the tracjectory of an item from a video.

Minecraft workshops - if all goes to plan and we can get it installed in time.

Discussion and Network Time

An opportunity to meet colleagues over some tea and cake. 

There will also be experts on hand to discuss programming, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Theory etc 

CPD

There will also be chance to arrange some CPD either at your school or at the University. 

Future Dates for your Diary 

Hub meetings:  8th July 

Contact Robert Topp (robert.topp@port.ac.uk), Simon Marsden (simon.marsden@port.ac.uk) or David Hill (david.hill@port.ac.uk) if there’s something you’d like to see discussed, you would like to know more, get help, or offer contributions for future events. 

You also might like to have a look at Computing at School - Subject Knowledge Requirements

There will be tea and refreshments available.

We’re looking forward to seeing new and familiar faces!

The Portsmouth CAS Hub team Robert Topp, Matthew Poole, David Hill,  Emma Duke Williams and Simon Marsden

Our Aims : Through regular meetings we aim to; Introduce everyone to the CAS initiative Discuss approaches to teaching, share strengths and provide support. We will also; Signpost you to excellent free resources Provide exciting training opportunities for you and your pupils.

Parking

Parking will be at St Andrew's Court and to reserve the parking you need to contact the car parking office (02392 842805 or car.parking@port.ac.uk.).

Electronic Privacy

As a body for IT professionals BCS Group (CAS) regularly communicates with its interested parties by email. I understand that it will not pass on my email address to other organisations.

Data Protection Act 1998
CAS will hold your personal data on its computer database and process it in accordance with the Act. This information may be accessed, viewed and used by the Institutefor administrative purposes and conducting market research. All of these purposes have been notified to the Commissioner. If you are based outside the European Economic Area (the ‘EEA’), information about you may be transferred outside the EEA in accordance with the requirements of the Act.

© 2021 BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT Registered charity: No. 292786
Using the websiteDisclaimer of liabilityCookies policyPrivacy notice