CAS Community   >   Resources   >  

no image
GCSE Computer science

This is a week-by-week revision plan for pupils, first published in 2013.

Alan O'Donohoe

Created by Alan O'Donohoe
last edited Dec 08 2016 by Alan O'Donohoe

UPDATE: I’d forgotten that I’d shared this a few years ago. Today, I’ve published a blog post https://teachcomputing.wordpress.com/2016/04/30/3-revision-strategies/ with links to a more recent version of this document. You’ll probably find this more useful than the rest of the resources here.

Previously shared in 2013: Our school operates a school-wide revision plan for 11 weeks from 11th March to May 19th in the period before the summer exams.

Pupils in my Year 11 class are given a plan to follow with two topics per week for them to follow, in effect prescribed revision homework.

I have spent a few hours putting together a plan for my students, and I hope that by sharing it here, it will save others some time. If you want to know more about how I am using it, please ask me.

I’ve included the week by week revision plan as well as the exam papers I will be using.

The materials follow the acronym ‘USA’ which means Understand, Summarise, Answer. I’ve provided all pupils with -a blank exercise book -a copy of Susan Robson’s book -4 x Exam papers from Spr 2011 & Summer 2012

Please also see the link to an album of photos online where you can see some evidence. https://plus.google.com/photos/102569475330772729673/albums/5854390654206629937

Downloaded 2407 times.

Download

This resource has attached files: to access these files, please tick the box below to assent to the license terms
License: The resources on CAS website are under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 licence unless otherwise specified by the resource creators.

You must confirm that you have read and agree the licence's ToS before you can download the attachments of this resource.

I have read the licence agreement of this resource and agree to abide by its terms and conditions.

Feedback and Comments

Available when logged in (join via the front page, for free):
  • View 1 comments on this resource.
  • View resource history, links to related resources.
  • Leave feedback for the author(s), or help by editing the resource.
Categories: