AQA Assembly Language Simulator

last edited Jul 23 2017 by Peter Higginson | Created by Peter Higginson | Other contributors:

A Simulator to assemble and run programs written in the AQA specified Assembly Language

This is my second attempt at producing something that might be useful in teaching how a computer works at the assembly language level using more modern instructions than the LMC. My first attempt produced a full RISC machine but was generally too complex for secondary school use.

This simulator is based on “exactly” the AQA Assembly Language Instructions with very few extensions. It assembles the instructions into 32 bit ARM code and then executes them from a simulated memory.

At the moment this is an Alpha Version - I’m looking for comments and suggestions on the layout and operations before I consider (or start work on) showing how the data moves between the components.

You can find it at peterhigginson.co.uk/AQA/

For more information, please click on the INFO button once the page has loaded. The simulator is written in JavaScript and should run on most browsers.

Disclaimers:

By downloading this resource you agree to the CAS resource guidelines and use it appropriately.

Note: Unless otherwise specified, this resource and all associated files are published here under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Licence. If you wish to use a different license, please state this in the description.

Read our resource guidelines

Feedback and Comments

Available when logged in (sign-up, for free):
  • View 0 comments on this resource.
  • View resource history, links to related resources.
  • Leave feedback for the author(s), or help by editing the resource.
Capture
Categories: