Turtle Challenge Cards

last edited Feb 15 2017 by Richmond Mathewson | Created by Richmond Mathewson | Other contributors:

Graduated cards for pupils to use as guides with Turtle Blocks and related programs

This is a zip file containing 16 Turtle Graphics exercises.

I decided to make these having seen what is offer for download on the internet. I did not like what I saw for the following reasons:

1. Many were so polychromic they would bust my bank account in terms of coloured ink.

2. They tended to contain images of the completed code-block construction as well as the design, which seemed to miss the point.

What you get in my Zip file:

1. 16 greyscale Turtle graphics challenge cards as individual PNG images.

2. 3 greyscale PNG images containing the 16 challenge cards ready for printing (A4).

3. 3 PDF documents containing the 16 challenge cards ready for printing (A4).

4. A GIMP template file in case you want to mess around with things.

I suppose these are for beginner to intermediate level, although I am not entirely sure how one would go about calibrating them in anyway that could be said to be vaguely objective,

Usage:

1. These can be used with floor robots that are either proximally (built in keys) or remotely controlled.

2. These can be used with any of the large number of turtle graphics programs that are available either commercially or free: I favour Turtle Art and/or Turtle Blocks which I am currently running on Xubuntu 14.04 32-bit machines.

I have printed out multiple sets and run them through my laminating machine.

Disclaimers:

By downloading this resource you agree to the CAS resource guidelines and use it appropriately.

Note: Unless otherwise specified, this resource and all associated files are published here under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Licence. If you wish to use a different license, please state this in the description.

Read our resource guidelines

Feedback and Comments

Available when logged in (sign-up, for free):
  • View 0 comments on this resource.
  • View resource history, links to related resources.
  • Leave feedback for the author(s), or help by editing the resource.
Tortoise_16

This resource has attached files: to access these files, please tick the box below to assent to the license terms

License: The resources on CAS website are under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 licence unless otherwise specified by the resource creators.

You must confirm that you have read and agree the licence's ToS before you can download the attachments of this resource.

It has been downloaded 79 times.

I have read the licence agreement of this resource and agree to abide by its terms and conditions.
Categories: