Bee Bot / Roamer sim

last edited Jun 12 2014 by Miles Berry | Created by Miles Berry | Other contributors:

A collection of Scratch 2.0 projects to simulate Bee Bot / Roamer Too floor turtles and activities

A collection of Scratch 2.0 projects to simulate Bee Bot / Roamer Too floor turtles and activities.

I’ve used the ‘create new block’ tool in Scratch 2.0 to make some simple blocks (forward, backward, turn left, turn right etc) for a Bee Bot or Roamer Too sprite (both are provided as costumes), itself quite a nice illustration of abstraction.

You can incorporate the blocks into your own projects easily enough, to replicate the sort of carpet activities that work well with Bee Bots and Roamer Toos. I’ve made a few such activity projects:

The blocks can, of course, be combined with other Scratch blocks to create more complex programs. I think this is a nice way to bridge from work programming floor turtles to programming sprites on screen.

Level: Beginner

Teaches:

• how algorithms are implemented as programs on digital devices, and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions
  • create and debug simple programs
  • use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs

Disclaimers:

By downloading this resource you agree to the CAS resource guidelines and use it appropriately.

Note: Unless otherwise specified, this resource and all associated files are published here under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Licence. If you wish to use a different license, please state this here.

Read our resource guidelines

Feedback and Comments

Available when logged in (join via the front page, for free):
  • View 4 comments on this resource.
  • View resource history, links to related resources.
  • Leave feedback for the author(s), or help by editing the resource.
Screen_shot_2014-06-12_at_07.36.41

This resource has attached files: to access these files, please tick the box below to assent to the license terms

License: The resources on CAS website are under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 licence unless otherwise specified by the resource creators.

You must confirm that you have read and agree the licence's ToS before you can download the attachments of this resource.

It has been downloaded 613 times.

I have read the licence agreement of this resource and agree to abide by its terms and conditions.
Categories: