#exabits TeachComputing: GCSE Computer Science Theory, East Sussex 19Sep17
Host: Alan O'Donohoe, exa.foundation
Aims: This event is to support teachers with the teaching of theory for GCSE Computer Science in their schools. It will provide teachers with some tried & tested strategies opportunities to support their students learning.
15:00 Welcome. Tea & Coffee. Group Discussion Activities.
15:30 Classroom Based Activity:
- Challenges keeping lessons engaging for all learners
- Teaching the theory for the examined part of GCSE Computer Science
- Assessing, Tracking, Monitoring Progress & Intervention
- Preparing classes for examinations in GCSE Computer Science
Please note - There are other related CPD sessions that may be of interest:
Mon 18th Sep 1.45pm-3.30pm - [details here] TeachComputing KS3 (Computational Thinking) West Sussex
- Mon 18th Sep 4pm-5pm - [details here] Teach GCSE Computer Science (Theory) West Sussex
- Tues 19th Sep 10am-3pm [details here] TeachComputing: KS3 Programming, East Sussex to support teachers who are making the transition to teaching Computing in Key Stage 3.
- Tues 19th Sep 3.30pm-5pm [details here] Teach GCSE Computer Science (Theory) East Sussex
If you would like to host a CPD event in your school, more details at http://exa.foundation/training
The Small Print: