Prepare pupils for exam success (GCSE Computer Science)
Host: Alan O'Donohoe, exa.foundation
Aims: This event is to support teachers with the teaching of theory for GCSE Computer Science in their schools. It will provide teachers with some tried & tested strategies opportunities to support their students learning.
13:00 Welcome. Tea & Coffee. Group Discussion Activities.
13:30 Classroom Based Activity:
- Challenges keeping lessons engaging for all learners
- Teaching the theory for the examined part of GCSE Computer Science
- Assessing, Tracking, Monitoring Progress & Intervention
- Preparing classes for examinations in GCSE Computer Science
- Practical demonstration, modelling Teaching & Learning strategies
Please note - There are two other related CPD sessions at the same venue that may be of interest:
- Thurs 20th Apr 6pm - 8.30pm [details here] Family Hack Jam to engage & inspire digital makers. (Free to attend)
- Fri 21st Apr 9am - 12.30pm [details here] Teach Computing - Prepare Pupils for Programming Tasks & NEAs
This event is being run by exa.foundation part of Exa Education