Prepare pupils for exam success (GCSE Computer Science)
Link to this page: http://exa.is/24jan16.twilight
Host: Alan O'Donohoe, exa.foundation
Aims: This event is to support teachers with the teaching of theory for GCSE Computer Science in their schools. It will provide teachers with some tried & tested strategies opportunities to support their students learning.
16:00 Welcome. Tea & Coffee. Group Discussion Activities.
16:30 Classroom Based Activity:
- Challenges keeping lessons engaging for all learners
- Teaching the theory for the examined part of GCSE Computer Science
- Assessing, Tracking, Monitoring Progress & Intervention
- Preparing classes for examinations in GCSE Computer Science
- Practical demonstration, modelling Teaching & Learning strategies
Please note - There is an earlier related CPD session at the same venue that may be of interest:
- Tues 24th Jan 2.00pm - 4.00pm to support teaching for the Non-Examined Assessment (NEA) components of GCSE Computer Science including problem solving and programming, 20% of terminal assessment. [details at http://exa.is/24jan16.pm ]
Car parking information: http://www.watfordutc.org/wp-content/uploads/FindUsMap-Car-Park.pdf
This event is being run by exa.foundation part of Exa Education